20 minute biceps hammer

Arnold Schwarzenegger BicepsA friend of mine showed me this at the gym last week. The day after I tried it my biceps were so sore and tight you probably could have played “duelling banjos” on them. This isn’t for those who are scared of a bit of pain or hard work. This routine is a full out biceps blaster to shock you out of your stale old routine.

The routine is relatively simple. You need an incline bench, 3 sets of dumbbells and a clock. For me I chose weights of 30, 20 and 15. My normal dumbbell curls is 55 or 60, so approximately 50% for the heaviest pair, and then a 10 pound drop, then 5.

The routine

1. Take note of the time
2. Sit on the incline bench with the heaviest pair of dumbbells. Perform 6 repetitions of hammer curls (thumbs facing the ceiling).
3. Switch to the next weight and perform 6 reps of hammer curls
4. Perform 8 reps of hammer curls with the final (lightest) weight

Repeat this routine of 20 reps every 60 seconds for 20 minutes. Note that this is not 60 seconds of rest, but 60 seconds from the first rep of one set until the first rep of the next set.Hammer Curls

I also found this routine to be pretty hard on my rear deltoids. You might want to try and time it so that you do it on a day following lower-body so that you are well rested.

For other high intensity training (H.I.T.) tips, see Mega Sets ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Has anyone tried homeopathic growth hormone in an oral spray form? I understand it's extremely safe, gets 60%-80% of the same results in terms of a rise in IGF-1 levels as injections without the negative side effects of injections. I'd appreciate some feedback.